American Express Careers
Sr Info Security Analyst- Insider Threat
It’s more than protecting systems and data.
Our Information Security Managers know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the latest technology and motivating others, secure your career here.
You won’t just see the problem coming, you’ll see the solution.
New threats to our business, our partners and customers appear on the horizon every day, so no two days are the same. But there are some things you can count on doing:
- Providing guidance on information security processes, controls, and compliance, and information security risk management to team members
- Encouraging employee contribution, such as feedback, career development planning, and goal setting.
- Developing plans and strategies for information security tools, processes, and programs
- Responding to changes in the regulatory environment and assisting other organizations in doing the same.
- Making strategic recommendations to enhance information security, including processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance.
- Web Proxy
- Open Source Intelligence
- Memory Analysis
- Syslog from servers and network devices
- DHCP, AD, 802.1x, NAT, and VPN logs
- Passive DNS
- SIEM/Log Management systems
A successful candidate is one who can demonstrate a history of:
- 6 years experience working in cyber investigations, computer forensics, financial fraud investigations and/or other IT related fields tied to information security
- Perform event analysis to determine risks and make recommendations
- Lead and mentor technical team on security incident response activities
- Is actively engaged in and contributing to the Information Security industry and best practices (e.g. understands industry best practices in security operations; participates in local networking with other InfoSec professionals; stays current on industry trends)
- Produces quality documentation/ investigation reports (e.g. document design, workflow improvement, standard operational procedures, development of incident playbook)
- Coordinates with other team members/teams to resolve issues encountered during investigations,
- Communicates status of investigations (e.g. report on progress against technical plan; timely escalation of issues and risks; ability to explain technical solutions to a non-technical audience)
- Self-motivated to creatively find and investigate a wide range of system events
- Expert knowledge of the Linux and Windows platforms
- Demonstrate (via work experience) the ability to follow frameworks to ensure comprehensive investigations
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (python, lua, perl)
- Experience working under pressure
- Willing to work off-hours as situations may arise
- Preferred Certifications:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time