American Express Careers
Product Manager – Consumer Lending
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
We are looking for a Manager who will focus on continuing the successful growth of our Lending Business in the UK, which includes the Platinum Cashback products. The successful candidate will leverage their commercial awareness and strengths in analysis, project & product management to drive profitable growth for the business and deliver a superior customer experience. This is an exciting high profile role with the ability to truly shape our lending strategies and deliver on these through superior relationship building & influencing skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and drive opportunities to enhance product performance and successfully launch new capabilities
- Create and launch New Products that can successfully appeal to consumers, driving scale and profitability to the business
- Dealing with day to day product needs and enquiries including complaint resolution and servicing questions
- Actively partner with multiple internal groups, including Customer Service, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Compliance and Legal teams in the development and execution of product strategies
- Identify revenue and profit optimization opportunities leveraging internal and external insights, create business cases and lead implementation
- Partner with Finance and Analytics teams to monitor product KPIs, including growth and profitability and develop key insights and action plans
- Partner with marketing and product teams in a matrixed environment on segmentation, targeting, customer communications, and other markets’ learnings
- React to and anticipate regulatory and competitive changes by developing profit protection contingency plans and executing against these plans
- Accountability for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and driving flawless execution to reduce operational risk
- Preparation and deliver of reviews and updates to Senior Leadership
- The role may include People Leadership responsibilities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strategic thought leadership, with proven experience in Lending/Product Management and a track record of achievement with results orientation and ability to influence and drive change
- Proven ability to take initiative, champion a project from conception through implementation to evaluation through strong execution skills. Ability to deliver results in a complex environment leveraging an unwavering attention to detail
- Advanced analytical skills and financial acumen (understanding of credit card economics, a plus) problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Strong focus on the customer and the overall experience, ensuring we create good customer outcomes
- Strong relationship management, influencing and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on proposal development and presentation to internal and external contacts, up to senior management levels
Unique Skills Considered as a Plus:
- Proven ability to drive the strategic agenda and influence key stakeholders to achieve optimum business results
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to a dynamic and changing environment. Ability to re-focus according to business wide strategic priorities
- Understanding of credit risk strategies and experience with Credit operations
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time