American Express Careers
Marketing Manager (m,f) Digital Application Experience & Enablement for Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Nordics and CEE, Frankfurt am Main
To support our Marketing Team we are currently looking for a Manager Digital Application Experience & Enablement for Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Nordics and CEE, (m/f), Frankfurt am Main.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive the digital acquisition and capability strategy for small, medium and large corporations that can be leveraged across other shared service processes, ie new accounts, operations. This role will drive innovation in Global Commercial Solutions across some continental European countries and bringing new capabilities to increase improve operational efficiency and customer experience.
The Manager Digital Application Experience & Enablement is responsible for the development and deployment of all Customer Application features. The successful individual ensures that his/her Product meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continual innovation, evaluation and deployment. Requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Requires strong multi-business unit stakeholder management. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. Coordinates the efforts of an external scrum team or a set of scrum teams within a SAFE train (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new features across markets and products.
The Manager has ultimate responsibility for decision making and prioritization for his/her backlog working with markets, sales, account development, compliance, marketing, design and engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle.
The Manager Digital Application Experience & Enablement will report and assist the Director E2E Marketing & Digital Capabilities for Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Nordics and Central Eastern Europe.
- Identifying opportunities and driving application/capability strategy, roadmap, and features
- Managing the application/capability life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
- Leading the functional design and process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology
- Prioritizing engineering work and balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage
- Evangelizing the application/capability both internally and externally and shepherding them through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes
- Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, gaps, and solve problems
- Brainstorming and negotiating effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to insure that marketing/sales/account development have what they need to be successful
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success
- Lead the business features breakdown into Platform features and stories
- Lead and/or write stories for scrum teams
- Agile mindset and transformation champion
- Strives to anticipate client and stakeholder needs and plans accordingly
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
A successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years' experience in digital marketing and/or development of digital product capabilities
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Framework and principles
- Must know how to write features and stories with acceptance criteria
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality
- Understanding of the evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach
- Excellent German and English language skills (written and verbal)
At American Express you’ll be rewarded with an excellent package and will enjoy all the competitive benefits, training and career opportunities you’d expect from such a diverse and successful international organisation.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time