American Express Careers
American Express (Manila, Philippines) is looking for an Instructional Designer!
The Global Servicing Learning Network is seeking a professional, effective communicator with extensive experience in Instructional Design – someone who excels in effective transfer of training into performance results! The goal of all programs designed will be to deliver a world-class learning experience and drive a positive, lasting business impact. If successful, you will partner with other Learning professionals and Business Partners in delivering a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts the success of American Express and our internal and external clients.
- Develop highly engaging and interactive training materials, and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders;
- Apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical, application-based training strategy;
- Design training utilizing e-learning, game-based learning and other delivery methods that will support the acceleration of learning as measured by business performance.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Critical in this role would be the strong proficiency in Captivate (Non-Negotiable, any version) and some other industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate v9 or higher) and the combined Instructional Design experience of at least no less than 3 years!
- Someone with the ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to instructional design assessment strategies, and proven e-learning Design and Development experience and experience designing, developing and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements should be a strong candidate!
- If you have hands on experience in the design and development of blended learning solutions and solid talent in using Microsoft Office Products in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project – you are halfway there!
- Lastly, a degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning or Teaching is strongly desired, but not a deal breaker.
We seek an individual who could be adaptable in terms of schedule, as the working hours are not fixed but is always open to discussion with the leader. Since the role would be supporting multiple business units across different geographies – flexibility really is a requirement. Successful candidate may be granted the privilege to work from home most days of the week but would have to be prepared to report to the office on a need-to basis as well.
Call to action:
So if you this role is speaking to you, or you know have someone in mind who’d be perfect for this opportunity, please do not hesitate to e-mail Minerva.email@example.com and she will be sure to get back to you in 24-48 hours.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time