American Express Careers
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express’ Global Servicing Learning Network is seeking a professional with extensive experience in Instructional Design and excels in effective transfer of training into performance results. This individual will be responsible for the development of highly engaging and interactive training.
The ideal candidate will be able to apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical, application-based training strategy. The incumbent will partner with other Learning professionals and Business Partners in delivering a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts the success of American Express and our internal and external clients.
The goal of all programs designed will be to deliver a world-class learning experience and drive a positive business impact. The successful candidate will have experience in developing learning in both a traditional waterfall (ADDIE) and agile learning environment. The ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders is a critical skill for success.
The ideal candidate will design training utilizing e-learning, game-based learning and other delivery methods that will support the acceleration of learning as measured by business performance.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience working in an agile and waterfall design environment
- Ability to work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning experiences
- Acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice
- Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learner, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply
- Demonstrate thought leadership and the ability to drive innovation
- Extensive experience in Instructional design application with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences
- The ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to instructional design assessment strategies
- Proven e-learning Design and Development experience and experience designing, developing and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Proven experience as an Instructional Designer in a corporate and preferred financial services area
- Strong proficiency with industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Storyline 3 and Captivate 10)
- These software skills MUST have been applied / used in a recent position, able to share features of the tools used.
- Not just knowledge but experience using rapid development and in the design and development of blended learning solutions
- Experience with gaming, video or other emerging software strongly preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project a must
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time