American Express Careers
Sr. Manager, Client Management (Northern California)
- Retain and increase American Express business (B2B and B2C) by growing revenue, improving share and increasing profitability. Identify and expand existing business relationships, close acceptance gaps with Merchants, and develop strategic portfolio / account plans.
- Demonstrate American Express’ value proposition to Merchant clients, and increase share by customizing and reinforcing our value proposition using financials.
- Evaluate merchant business challenges and opportunities, and identify and sell in appropriate solutions to meet clients’ needs.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to create, sell-in and implement relevant partnership and marketing assets.
- Embrace the fast changing payments landscape and keep current with supply and demand, payment trends and economic and competitive indicators.
- Ensure that American Express is front and center for our valued clients.
- Increase Merchant Satisfaction (NPS score).
- Track record of driving superior sales results through strong thought leadership, clear prioritization / pipeline management, sound decision-making, and creative problem-solving.
- Strong business knowledge and financial acumen.
- Strong partner or relationship management, sales, collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills internally and externally, including with C-level executives
- Self-motivated with ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to remain flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate frequently, candidly and clearly. Ability to listen and adapt/pivot approach.
- Knowledge of the Merchant / acquiring business and/or the U.S. payments industry are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Online companies is required.
- Must be personable, engaging and confident.
- Bachelors required; MBA is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time