American Express Careers
Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform (xPaaS)
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile and social media, join our transformation team!
Take your place as a core member of our Phoenix based cloud middleware services engineering team using the latest agile development practices. Our software engineers understand how technology works to integrate diverse platforms. Team members design, develop and deploy software to create cloud services and middleware integration products.
Here is just some of what you will be doing: Use java and cloud technologies to build software that works well and efficiently within the overall ecosystem.
Job Responsibilities: Performs all technical aspects of system administration and software development for building integration products. Function as a member of an agile team and support consistent development practices, common components, tools and documentation. Develops tie-ins with proprietary and open source systems and platforms within the supported product domains.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Education BS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Experience of RESTful API and micro services design.
- Experience in Enterprise JAVA/J2EE Technologies using Core Java, Spring Core, Spring JDBC template, Hibernate, Spring Batch etc.
- Concepts in Cloud app. development (AWS, Docker, vagrant etc.).
- Experience with streaming applications such as Kafka and Solace is a plus.
- Development Experience in container & orchestration technologies such as Docker, CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Openshift etc. is a plus.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 9:48:43 PM