American Express Careers
Fraud Analyst - English + French
Accertify, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express, is a leader in providing software, tools and strategies for preventing online fraud and mitigating enterprise-wide risks. Accertify is committed to providing e-commerce companies with comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to fraud.
Our Managed Services team provides fraud prevention services to our clients on a complete or partial basis. By tapping into our team of experienced fraud prevention specialists, our customers are able to focus on their core business and realize cost savings.
If you want to be more than just your job, are not afraid of embracing challenges and are passionate about building a career in fraud prevention, join our team today! We are seeking individuals who are excited about joining a fast-paced, team environment and helping our clients prevent fraudulent transactions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor our automated fraud screening application
- Assist in maintaining basic ecommerce duties including chargeback handling and review
- Maintain or exceed established standards for customer service, and resolves complex issues with little or no supervision or direction
- Perform manual fraud review in order to detect fraudulent transactions
- Review queued transactions and independently determine if the reviewed transactions are fraudulent or legitimate
- Conduct extensive research to validate purchases
- Independently resolve problems that require in depth investigation and/or research
- Conduct follow-up research on fraudulent transactions
- Work with peers and Managed Services leadership to communicate fraud trends and share best practices, ideas and information
- Communicate effectively with the team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong desire to build a career in the fraud industry
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze situations and issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and sound inferences, determine and recommend practical sources of action utilizing good judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize deliverables
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Previous e-commerce fraud prevention, investigation or retail fraud prevention experience is a plus
- Strong customer service skills and a demonstrated ability to take initiative, conduct thorough research, and be professionally persistent
- Must possess strong internet research, along with the ability to navigate multiple systems at once
- Demonstrated experience and/or strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Applicant must be flexible with their schedule, as they will be required to work different shifts (AM & PM on a weekly or monthly rotation including weekdays/weekends)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 9:26:45 AM