American Express Careers
Assistant Manager, Global Brand Planning
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Some people can spot a trend.
Others not only see it, they help start it.
The Analyst, Global Brand Planning, will be a member of the Global Brand Planning team, reporting to the VP, Global Brand Planning – JAPA within GABM (Global Advertising & Brand Management) at American Express. The Global Brand Planning team is responsible for partnering with global markets in creating marketing plans and key briefs, They are also responsible for giving markets great access to all the assets of GABM.
GABM creates worldwide demand for American Express, driving business through innovative marketing, messaging, partnerships, and experiences.
We have an ambitious goal: to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500 and we aim to deliver on that by doing work that is innovative, creative and effective.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will primarily be responsible for supporting a team of brand planners that help ensure better end-to-end marketing capabilities by leveraging the best thinking and assets across American Express. They will also help country managers and their teams implement the Global Brand Strategy into their marketing & communications programs.
This individual should have excellent relationship building skills and knowledge of the country manager model. Their team will develop and manage high quality marketing plans and creative briefs that maximize marketing and communications plans.
The individual must be able to influence outcomes through collaboration with senior leaders and business partners.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support a global team across markets with completing strategic briefs, preparing meeting materials and other team operations
- Building relationships with stakeholders across markets and drive global brand strategy initiatives
- Serve as a point of contact and SME for the end-to-end continuity for GABM
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to serve as an active participant in defining business strategy
- Proactive and comfortable working with large cross-functional teams, internal and external partners
- Strong interest in developing brand and business strategy expertise
- Experience operating with large cross-functional teams, internal and external partners on a global level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to support translating business and market strategy and needs into tangible plans and goals
- Strategic, creative and forward thinking
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience in brand management consulting or marketing & communications strategy on a regional level
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Fluency in English is essential, working proficiency of Mandarin and/ or Japanese will be an advantage
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2018, 11:57:46 PM