American Express Careers
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 11th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
The Global Servicing Group delivers extraordinary customer care to Card Members, merchants and commercial clients around the world, while providing world-class credit, collections and fraud services. Our front-line care professionals and specialists handle more than 130 million customer interactions every year. Each interaction is a chance to bring the brand to life for our customers and help build on Amex’s reputation for trust, security and service.
Management graduate from a Tier 1 Institute with hands on experience in Business operations delivery, Business Strategy/Business Planning, Process Transformation, Change Management and Cost Optimization.
• The successful candidate will be expected to continue delivering outstanding servicing, driving results through inspirational leadership and performance management.
• Develop and innovate the next generation customer servicing strategy for the portfolio
• Seamless execution and engagement, ensuring on-going delivery of all key operations metrics across Shareholder, Customer and Employee
• Responsible for managing the P&L for the operations and ensuring the processes deliver on efficiency and unit cost metrics
• Supporting the strategic roadmap to build end to end linkages and drive transformational improvements
• Elevating voice of customer scores as measured by Top One Box & Recommend to Friend.
• To enhance cross-sell and value generation strategy
• Build a culture that energizes and engages the workforce, making it “Go To” employee brand
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement and waste elimination
• Collaborate effectively with peers across functions including process excellence, capabilities and other geographies to develop end to end strategies to elevate card member experience
• Build a strong internal controls framework and ensure we meet all regulatory, compliance standards
• Should be a post graduate from a Premier B-School with strong analytical skills.
• Operations leader with minimum 10+ years of post qualification experience with demonstrated ability to lead large scale customer service Operations.
• Proven track record of working in a Global Operations environment and delivering outstanding results
• Exceptional thought leadership to continually explore and create innovative process and business improvements
• Strong project management, problem solving & analytical skills
• Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to collaborate & influence across the matrix and without direct authority.
• Strong people leadership skills. Create a highly engaged and energized team which delivers best in class service at right margins.
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Lives the growth mindset.
• Strong sense of personal accountability and demonstrated self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic, time-critical environment while managing and inspiring a diverse group
• Trained in Process Improvement and Six Sigma techniques
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time