American Express Careers
UK Acquisition Marketing Executive, GCS
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Executive to drive Global Commercial Services (GCS) Marketing in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the acquisition marketing strategy and lead generation plan for the UK. In owning and driving end to end acquisition efficiency, this Acquisition Executive will work with vendors and key internal stakeholders to execute a multi-channel acquisition strategy. This role will report directly into the UK Marketing Acquisition Manager.
- Lead generation & nurture: Responsible for lead generation for Sales teams through delivery and management of end to end marketing campaigns detailed in UK Marketing plan
- Marketing campaigns: Responsible for end to end campaign execution across channels such as events, direct mail, and telemarketing. Includes creative development; managing artwork creation (in and out of house); and processing data requests; overseeing deployment (in and out of house)
- Content and collateral management: Own UK marketing materials and drive awareness and usage amongst business partners. Includes managing ongoing collateral updates; establishing best in class processes and Customer contact treatments
- Agency management: Brief and manage agency partners to efficiently and effectively drive campaigns. Includes creative agencies; digital partners; printers; etc
- Stakeholder management: Work in close collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders, such as Sales and Product to understand requirements and optimise processes
- Reporting: In collaboration with Insights teams, manage reporting dashboards to track and measure campaign performance
- Budget management: Ownership of the vendor payments process and reconciliation of budget allocated
Key drivers of success
- Execute on plan to drive leads, wins, New Accounts Acquired (NAA), charge volume for GCS
- Track leads from every marketing campaign and work in partnership with sales teams to drive conversion rates through the sales pipeline, ultimately resulting in NAA
- Drive alignment between lead generation team and sales teams to identify risks to plan and growth opportunities
- Deliver reporting and analytics to drive results and investment decisions
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven direct experience in Marketing
- Proven success in key Marketing disciplines (Telemarketing, digital marketing, and/or partnership management also a plus) and awareness marketing (events, media, PR)
- Experience with data management and database marketing
- Experience developing customer-centric communications and messaging, including copywriting
- Track record of successful project planning, management and delivery, including excellent multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual thinking and forecasting skills to deliver campaign effectiveness across multiple channels
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Very high level of attention to detail
- Able to work independently under own initiative
- Experience working with Sales and Account Development organisations is a plus
- University Degree, preferably in Marketing or equivalent experience
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time