You won’t just help our customers see the world, you’ll help them truly experience it.
Our Consultants use their passion for travel to surpass client expectations by constantly striving to create unforgettable trips and experiences for our Premium Card Members. They are brand ambassadors who take pride in their ability to craft memorable trips and deliver personalized solutions through our best-in-class service, exclusive programs, and premium benefits – inspiring loyalty along the way.
Delight customers with the unforgettable and unexpected.
Anything can happen when people travel. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day from home, as an extension of our call center:
· Delivering “WOW” by providing innovative and extraordinary service
· Consulting with our Card Members so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to their needs
· Creating unique travel experiences by expertly booking domestic and international flights, cars, and hotels
· Knowing what your customers want before they do
· De-escalating a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
· Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
We service our Card Members 24 hours / 7 days per week. Hours of operation for this position are from 5am – 2:30am Local Time. Multiple schedule options available; however, must be able to work night and/or weekends.
If you live within 35 miles of one of our TLS Service Centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL), you may be required to work in the Service Center.
What you’ll need to make the most of your passion for travel.
· 2 years recent travel booking experience, including proficiency in booking international air reservations. Car and Hotel booking experience is preferred.
· A good knowledge of travel and world geography thanks to a lengthy spell spent exploring the world OR a recent history of selling domestic and international travel
· Knowledge of travel reservation systems or point of sale tools. Native GDS knowledge highly preferred.
· Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
· Ability to thrive in a metric driven environment, with a healthy competitiveness to meet and exceed goals
· Strong consultative skills to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services
· A flair for building customer rapport through your ability to carefully listen and use your strong verbal and written communication skills
· Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure or in changing circumstances
· Ability to understand a Card Members concerns and overcome objections
· Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
· The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
A technical requirement of this role is to meet our serviceability requirements. Serviceability checks will be conducted around time of offer. The internet service provider must be through a service provider that is approved by American Express, and must meet the required speeds. This service will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services. Applicant’s homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express technological processes.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time