American Express Careers
Manager, Business Development Asia - Global Merchant And Network Services (GMNS)
Team Overview: The Global Network and International Card Services (GNICS) team is focused on growing the American Express business in nearly 150 international markets and the U.S. GNICS includes our international proprietary card business, and bank partners who issue American Express-branded cards and acquire merchants on to the American Express network. It also includes Coalition Loyalty and centralized enablement teams. GNICS offers an array of best-in-class products and services, including charge, credit and co-brand cards, coalition loyalty, insurance, and small business services, and some bank partners offer corporate cards, prepaid and debit products. The Partner Card Services, Asia (PCS Asia) team is the bank partnership arm within the GNICS organization. The team is set up to accelerate the growth of the Blue Box issuing and acquiring business through developing and growing strategic bank partnerships in the region. The partnerships span across Independent Operator markets (where the entire market is franchised to the partner including Consumer, Corporate and Acquiring businesses) and proprietary markets (where the partner has a Network Card License to issue cards to expand American Express brand).
• Business Development – Maintain and grow the Network Card License bank / Airline partnership business in Asia mainly Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Taiwan
• Relationship Management – Develop strategic relationships with key decision-makers within the bank / Airline partner, build strong multi-level relationships across the partners’ organization and ensure alignment within PCS Asia’s strategy and financial model
• Partnership Value – Develop and increase network value to our partners through value sell and deepen Amex’s presence within Bank / Airline partner’s network
• Key Deliverables – Provide strategic thought expertise to generate new business volume and marginal contribution in delivering key performance indicators, namely, New Cards Acquisition, Billings, Revenue and Expenses targets
• Drive Consumer Card Issuing: Competitive Analysis - assess competitive trends in the Card and Acquiring and Airline environment. Product Line Strategy - Establish clear product line strategy with bank partner to drive consumer take up and engagement. Business Opportunities – Identify and follow up on opportunities that will drive significant market growth, deepen the relationship with partners and optimise overall profitability of the relationship
• Support Airline, Corporate Card Issuing and Merchant Acquiring
• Be the on-ground support and follow-up on key projects and initiatives
• Execute point-of-sale strategy and mystery shopping to detect suppression / surcharge issues, coverage gaps etc.
• Service delivery – Partner with cross functional teams to ensure consistent delivery of services to bank partner to support their business needs and continuous process improvements for efficiency
• Compliance / Brand – Adherence to compliance, business policies, procedures, service standards, brand and product guide-lines
• Motivated and driven self-starter with ability to get things done
• Ability to act as a strategic thought leader and influence key stakeholders from the bank /Airline partners
• Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
• External orientation with the ability to perceive, assess and deliver customer needs
• Outstanding matrix management skills, with the ability to engage and lead cross-functional teams across the organisation without direct reporting lines
• Ability to convert strategy into clear, actionable initiatives with track record of driving results
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise across diverse requirements and deliver to partner-driven timeframes
• Strong understanding of the drivers of profitability for Card / Airline Business
• Have the ability to inspire and lead others without direct authority
• Ability to create opportunities and work in ambiguous and challenging environment
• At least 5 years of experience in Card Payments or Retail Banking in Asia
• Product development experience is a plus
• Ability to speak at least Mandarin or Cantonese in addition to English is required in order to liaise with clients
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018" .
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2018, 2:59:31 AM