American Express Careers
Information Security Analyst
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express is looking for Security Analysts to work in its Global Security Operations Center (SOC). The primary focus of the team is to detect, analyse, and respond to security risks and exposures that impact American Express, globally.
- Review, validate, classify, and respond to security events
- Analyse a variety of network and host-based alerts (i.e. antivirus, network intrusion detection systems)
- Perform initial triage of security events using a multitude of tools deployed within AXP
- Determine correct remediation actions or escalation of incidents for each security event, as appropriate
- Document investigations to support event conclusion
- Maintain awareness of real-world cyber security threats and support cyber intelligence capabilities
- Identify trends in events and incidents and make recommendations to improve risk posture
- Perform root-cause analysis of security related events (i.e. attack vector)
- Help ensure documentation is up to date to reflect current processes and procedures.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Systems and Network experience
- You may be a systems administrator or architect, network engineer, application developer, IT support technician, web developer etc with a flair for security
- Information Security knowledge and passion
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thrives in a challenging team environment
- Ability to learn quickly, retain information and apply knowledge when and where relevant
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
- Be committed to continuous learning and professional development
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail
- Desire to contribute to a high-profile team at the cutting edge of cyber security
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time