Design vacations that not only help our customers see the world, but truly experience it.
At American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services, we pride ourselves on delivering a flawless service, as well as creating unique and exclusive experiences for our Platinum and Centurion Card Members.
Our Boutique Travel Consultants use their passion for travel to surpass Card Member expectations by designing unforgettable trips and experiences for our Premium Card Members. They are brand ambassadors who take pride in their ability to deliver personalized vacation options utilizing our best-in-class service, exclusive programs and premium benefits – inspiring long-term relationships and loyalty along the way.
Boutique Travel Consultants customized itineraries to match the uniqueness of each Card Member. They combine their wealth of knowledge, full of choices and options with their world class customer service skills.
If you have the desire to create extraordinary vacation experiences for our valued Card Members, you are exactly who we are looking for.
Delight customers with the unforgettable and unexpected.
As an American Express Boutique Travel Consultant, you never know what your day is going to entail. It could be a cruise, tour, honeymoon, or family reunion to name a few. Here’s just some of what you will be doing each day from your home office.
- Using your exceptional consulting skills to recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to our Card Members needs
- Providing reassurance and creating rapport by listening to customer needs from the initial inquiry to the welcome home greeting
- Designing unique travel & lifestyle experiences by expertly booking cruises, tours, hotels, flights, and transportation arrangements anywhere in the world
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
- Serving as an ‘expert’ who can provide personal insight into top travel destinations and lifestyle events which can be shared with customers and colleagues
- Networking with our destination and supplier partners which will enable you to provide extraordinary, perfectly executed, experiences
What you’ll need to make dreams come true.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the travel industry, with demonstrated ability to provide expert and consultative servicing skills
- Experience servicing Centurion and Platinum Card Members, consistently exceeding the customer experience through proven metrics
- Working knowledge of Native GDS travel reservation systems, Sabre is preferred
- Proficient understanding of world geography and emerging travel destinations
- A flair for building long-lasting customer relationships through exceptional listening and verbal / written communication skills
- Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and sell relevant products and services
- Desire to have a fun and work as a team is essential in this role
- Flexibility to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
Hours of Operation (7 days/week):
Monday–Friday; 9:00am–9:00pm ET
Saturday–Sunday; 9:00am–5:30pm ET
Hours of operation are subject to change due to business need
If you live within 35 miles of one of our TLS Service Centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL), you may be required to work in the Service Center.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
A technical requirement of this role is to meet our serviceability requirements. Serviceability checks will be conducted around time of offer. The internet service provider must be through a service provider that is approved by American Express, and must meet the required speeds. This service will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services. Applicant’s homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express technological processes.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2018, 2:59:34 PM