American Express Careers
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected
The Travel & Lifestyle Group (TLS) within Consumer Products and Services is a Global Team with a footprint that spans 24 proprietary markets that strive to serve and engage Card Members whenever, wherever and however they want. In addition to providing core benefits, each market tailors products and services to its unique customer base, ensuring Card Members are provided guidance, protection, value and seamless support when booking and experiencing travel and lifestyle with American Express.
We have built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security and innovation. Our product managers are at the centre of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and engineering teams to shape the products and experiences of the future.
This role provides an opportunity to be an integral part of a Global Product Management team, focusing on providing best in class platforms and tools to our customer facing TLS Agents around the globe.
This individual will be expected to foster a deep and detailed understanding of the Point of Sale (POS) products used within TLS, working closely with Technologies and third party providers, supporting the Scrum teams responsible for Technical Development of our Products on a daily basis to drive delivery against Product Roadmaps.
He/She will gather technical requirements, design innovative solutions, support development and testing, perform readiness assessment for network implementation and transition new capabilities to the Global Product Support team.
He/She will also have a direct connection with TLS Front Line teams and Product user communities to ensure an understanding of Product needs and wants, and partner with wider Business enablement teams on communication and adoption of Platform changes.
- Foster and maintain a deep and detailed Product knowledge.
- Partner with Business Teams and User communities to understand and document Product needs
- Support data driven Product Analysis, benchmarking and capability mapping to inform Product roadmap.
- Create, maintain and track to Project and Milestone Plans.
- Prepare documentation and metrics to support stake holder updates.
- Partner with Business enablement teams on communication and adoption of Product changes within TLS.
- Use Design Thinking principles to discover needs, generate ideas, design and prototype solutions to deliver cutting edge tools that improve the customer experience.
- Proactively seek out ideas by collaborating with all levels of the organization to understand needs and identify opportunities.
- Perform the Product Manager role representing the Business within AET scrum teams:
- Translation of Business needs and requirements into clearly articulated User Stories.
- Management and maintenance of the Product backlog.
- Key contributor to User Story prioritization and Sprint planning sessions.
- Providing Business and Product knowledge and User Story clarifications to scrum team engineers.
- Supporting Quality Assurance testing and Deployment processes.
- Track and report team progress to the Product Owner.
- Will be required to work from the Burgess Hill office a minimum of two days per week.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of working within Agile and Product development environments is required for this role.
- Experience working with technology teams or in a technical environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge of UX, Technology and business delivery, would be an advantage
- Critical thinker with the ability to work independently, and as part of a team when needed.
- Strong root cause, analytical and resolution skills with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- A questioning mind-set, with the ability to identify symptoms vs. root cause and drill into details to find solutions.
- Ability to absorb and analyse information from multiple sources and recommend solutions.
- Collaboration - Demonstrate a willingness to work together across projects and business units to achieve TLS goals.
- Prioritization – ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Communication - Ability to articulate ideas and concepts to others and adapt communications based on the audience.
- Good communication skills with an ability to present complex topics clearly to Technology and Business Partners.
- Ability to build and hone relationships across the organisation.
- Strong Consultative and Collaborative skills with ability to influence business and technology partners effectively.
- Strong and proven organizational skills, ability to track to and drive deadlines and milestones in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the Travel & Lifestyle Business and platforms is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Travel process and GDS systems an advantage.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time