American Express Careers
Account Consultant- Customer Service Executive- German Speaking
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Account Consultancy Team (ACT) is based within the Commercial Servicing Network Europe. This Team is a multi-market team and we are tasked with assisting Managers of Account Development (MADs) with enquiries from external Clients as well as urgent, complex cases. As an Account Consultancy Expert (ACE) you will own complex queries end-to-end and provide a one-stop solution to maximise client satisfaction and contribute to a more refined workflow.
This will involve interacting with all necessary departments or teams within American Express to respond to and resolve urgent enquiries from GCP account managers and written cases. The raesolution of these cases raised is not the end of the journey: ACEs will review if a root cause analysis is required to discover pain points in our processes that are impacting our business.
You will work cases from GCP on the phone or CLIC and you will use your outstanding Relationship Care skills to aide resolution. For cases outside your range of knowledge, you will review who is best placed to solve them and retain ownership until confirming their resolution to the clients.
ACT is a vibrant, very collaborative team with a great teamwork environment. Team members relish a challenge, display problem solving abilities and enjoy the prospect of facing new types of enquiries every day. ACT are always willing to support each other and work together to reach the optimum resolution. Successful applicants will have a positive attitude, analytical skills, strong sense of ownership, the ability to communicate solutions to partners effectively and be proactive with problem solving. A great sense of humour is also beneficial!
- Work cases from account managers (phone, CLIC)
- Drive first contact resolution
- Challenge urgency of phone requests where appropriate
- Ownership and monitoring of cases forwarded to other teams, until they are resolved
- Review and understanding of solutions of cases transferred to other teams
- Written closure e-mails to external clients
- Root cause assessment
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to work well within a team servicing environment as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient PC skills including Office packages
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and foster positive business relationships
- Ability to analyse and consult directly with both internal and external Corporate Clients
- Strong time management with flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple tasks within stringent time frames while maintaining accuracy
- Fluent German Speaker - written & spoken
- Corporate product knowledge would be beneficial but not compulsory
Office hours will normally be between 8am to 5pm (GMT) Monday to Friday within a 35 hour-working week.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time