American Express Careers
Application Security Engineer (Information Security Analyst)
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The Application Security Engineer (Information Security Analyst) will be responsible for threat modeling, end-to-end secure design, secure coding verification, and hardening application run-time environments from threats. This position will work closely with other Application Security Engineers to solve security problems and deliver solutions across a large and diverse portfolio of applications and technologies. This full-time position will report to the Director of EMEA Application Security, and encompass the below key duties:
Review pull requests and recommend secure coding controls
- Design and write BDD-style security test case scenarios for test automation frameworks
- Author and contribute to technical security architecture artifacts for application security and infrastructure domains that can be extended and reused across multiple platforms
- Provide threat models, technical designs, security solutions, and support to delivery teams
- Drive adoption of centralized application security capabilities
- Deliver proof-of-concept solution evaluations and recommendations of application security products
- Develop and contribute to security tools and other capabilities as needed
- Identify potential weaknesses in applications and infrastructure and design strategic solutions to reduce risks
- Ensure application security architecture is consistent with industry and enterprise standards
- Regularly interface with the business and other technology teams
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Position opening date: 27/6/2018
Position Closing date: 26/7/2018
Company: American Express
University Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional certification preferred
- Proven application security architecture experience across domains including authentication, authorization, session management, input validation, parameter manipulation, cryptography, and logging
- Experience with threat modeling, DevOps, Secure SDLC, and security testing tools like SAST and DAST
- Information Security knowledge with understanding of relevant supporting architecture domains (data, application, network, host, cloud, etc.)
- Expertise in designing and implementing scalable solution architectures for a global enterprise
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time