American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Up to 4 years of Java software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and as appropriate
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related experience required
- Able to understand and leverage advanced data structures and associated components
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
- Has understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Intermediate knowledge of infrastructure technologies and components
- Technical Acumen
- Technology Industry Trends
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2018, 3:48:43 PM