The Enterprise Platforms Loyalty and Benefits organization is looking for a talented and experienced product owner to drive the transformation of Rewards for earn and bonusing within our global Card Member capabilities.
These products support the Issuing Business growth and compliance needs with high stability and very high volume transactions. The transformation will drive efficiency and improvements in agility, cost, innovation and speed to market.
As the Product Manager for Rewards Platforms, you will be working side by side with engineering teams to prioritize the backlog, develop user stories and collaborate to deliver on loyalty initiatives.
You will consult with key business partners and stakeholders to articulate outcomes and expectations, tie initiatives to key metrics, and drive consensus around Minimum Viable Product (MVP) definitions. You will work with execution teams to ensure delivery of consistently high-quality, timely feature launches.
You will also be responsible for weighing initiatives against opportunity costs, feasibility, and product roadmaps. A key part of this role will be to build and foster a culture of agility and product ownership in close partnership with technology and business teams.
Collaborate with all stakeholders across Enterprise Platforms to leverage best practices and evaluate potential new opportunities and enhancements, share learnings across markets and BUs, and enable demonstration of long-term value to American Express.
Establish a robust product strategy using inputs from market research as well as analysis from internal stakeholders such as marketing, compliance, architecture etc.
Deep engagement and consultation with various business teams to understand current and future needs.
Build robust understanding of payment and loyalty domain as well as competitive landscape.
Build and actively manage a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business teams.
Manage work allocation of scrum teams by translating features into prioritized user stories and also by tight coordination with other Product Owners
Full participation in and support of agile practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
Communicate and build consensus across multiple teams in creating solutions to business needs.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap
- Hands on experience in building a distributed technology stack as well as transition from mainframe to distributed
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Proven experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to optimal requirements
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages is desirable
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time