American Express Careers
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Financial Analyst to perform in the Finance business unit of American Express.
This position will be responsible for providing comprehensive finance decision support on all aspects of LAC GNS businesses including management reporting, forecasting, long range planning and investment optimization.
• Partner with GNS business partners to improve profitability and drive growth in Consumer Card.
• Work in partnership with the central Finance teams, and leverage the P&L reporting and planning processes.
• Prepare market reviews for American Express Senior Management and recurring and ad-hoc information for business partners at all levels.
• Support GNS presentations to senior management providing thought leadership and internal and external benchmarking.
• Assist the business partners to enhance or redefine business processes from a finance, legal and compliance perspective interacting with other staff groups (GCO, Accounting, taxes, treasury, other).
- Chartered Accountant, MBA or equivalent University degree in Finance or Administration or student of these careers.
- Preferably Work experience in Finance, Accounting or equivalent role.
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal).
- Portuguese skills (desired).
- Excellent analytical skills, curious and resilient.
- Flexibility, proactively and a "hands on" attitude.
- Self-starter with ability to drive results independently without direct supervision from leader.
- Proven problem solver and generator of new ideas.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time