American Express Careers
The Decision Support Center of Excellence (DSCOE) in Corporate Planning was established to centralize financial planning and analysis activities across American Express. The Global Services Group (GSG) DSCOE team has responsibility for the following areas: Global Servicing Network (GSN), Global Business Services (GBS), and GSG Head Quarters.
The Senior Financial Analyst in this role will be part of the DSCOE team and the key focus of the role will be supporting financial planning, reporting, and results analysis activities related to the Global Business Services (GBS). The scope of these activities will encompass operating expenses as well as unit cost and functional splits. In addition, this role will have responsibility for the consolidated view of Global Services Group (GSG) and cross-GSG projects.
- Support planning processes for GBS/ GSG HQ, including the creation of the LRP, annual plan, and rolling outlook
- Support results analysis for GBS/ GSG HQ, including comparisons to forecast and prior year
- Create reporting in support of planning/ results processes and in response to LFO/ CP&A requests
- Provide ad hoc analysis in support of LFO/ CP&A requests
- Drive improvements to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of DSCOE processes
- Proactively monitor changes to the internal and external environment, linking them to financial impacts
- Build, maintain, and leverage excellent relationships with key LFO and CP&A colleagues
- Support Operating Expense Management Self Service project as needed.
- Drive cross-GSG projects as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in Finance, with Finance or Accounting degree preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret financial information to derive business insights
- Exceptional financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, TM1, and Oracle
- Excellent communications skills with ability to synthesize complex data into a simple message
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests and manage tight deadlines
- Highly motivated with strong sense of accountability, initiative, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong customer focus with ability to anticipate needs and desire to meet them
- Team player with strong ability to build and leverage relationships to achieve results
- Flexibility to accommodate different time zones across international markets
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2018, 4:36:58 PM