American Express Careers
Manager, Global Content
Anyone can have an innovative idea. Here they get heard.
The Manager, Global Content Market Enablement will report to the Director of Content Management within the Global Commercial Services (GCS) Marketing Hub. The Hub was recently created to bring the powerful backing of American Express to life through innovative and personalized content, stitching together competitive intelligence and customer insights with our data and marketing capabilities to tell compelling stories throughout our customers’ lifecycles. The Hub is also responsible for ensuring that the global marketing business at-large efficiently deploys its considerable resources to drive the greatest outcomes.
The Content Management team owns global content strategy and platforms for GCS. This includes the technology platforms that support our global content channels, the strategy for global content sites and integration with our B2B product sites, and the relationship with key stakeholders across our marketing organization who are seeking to leverage the power of our content engine to achieve results in their space.
This role will be tasked to develop and deliver market specific content strategies that reach across segments and channels and provides value to customers and prospects, while driving awareness, acquisition, and loyalty for GCS. This exciting and specialized role will be responsible for leading localization of the content strategy to regional markets and channels in our European markets.
- Be the voice and advocate of the Global Content Team and Marketing Hub in Europe
- Engage with European local marketing teams to understand local business needs and deliver content programs that meet those needs and ladder up to our global content strategy
- Own strategy and oversight over local market micro-sites as they ladder up to global platform strategy
- Working with local marketing managers to ensure content strategy aligns to product marketing strategy
- Content production requirements gathering and program development in coordination with US based content delivery team
- Local content development support where needed
- Ensure content distribution aligned to global brand and content standards
- Internal content distribution on relevant channels
- Stay on top of the latest trends in content marketing and social media, become a go-to expert on content marketing
- Monitor performance metrics, budget and scorecard targets to provide insights for improvements to ROI, engagement (CTR, time on site, subscribers, leads etc), and effective budget use
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in content and/or marketing management in complex stakeholder environment.
- Experience working with content management systems and related technology
- Experience partnering with product owners and technology teams
- Experience working in a global company, across many time zones
- Ability to work with multiple teams and on multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Creativity, passion and burning desire to challenge the status quo and make a difference.
- Ability to foresee changes in technology and bring them to American Express with gusto
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- European language skills will be an advantage (primarily either French, Italian, German or Spanish)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time