American Express Careers
The Compliance Analyst reports to the Head of Compliance for the Nordics cluster.
- Support the development and embedding of appropriate and effective governance practices, controls and approval processes required at a business, legal entity and market level, to deliver and evidence regulatory compliance, especially as regards KYC and other AML related issues as well as GDPR and PSD2.
- Advising the business on compliance-related matters, including but not limited to Consumer Protection, AML and CTF, GDPR, PSD2 and the regulatory implications of new and existing products, services and processes; resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps; and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments as required when providing support to the business as well as when being involved in projects
- Develop and/or assists the business in the development and maintenance of compliance-related policies.
- Develop and conduct customized training and communication plans to meet legal entity needs on AML and CTF training. The responsibility also includes to coordinate and log training activities
- Regulatory compliance experience preferably relating to the payments services, consumer credit sector, data privacy and AML/CTF
- Excellent understanding of compliance regimes, including ability to interpret American Express compliance requirements under laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of payment services systems and processes
- Strong Risk Management skills
- Strong Relationship, Communication and Influencing skills
- Good Business Acumen
- Ability to translate legislation and regulations into operational processes
- Ability to oversee projects in order to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives, to prioritise and reprioritise activities
- Ability to present to Senior Management to assist their understanding of compliance risks associated with their business
- Graduate and/or relevant professional qualification preferred - Law or Economy degree, Compliance/AML Diploma
- CAMS Certification with a Legal/Compliance/Control/Auditing background an advantage
- Solid understanding of the requirements of the regulatory environment and the wider implications of EU financial services laws in regards the business/activity supported
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Knowledge of Danish and/or Danish law is an advantage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time