Know the way forward. Show the way forward.
Our dynamic Team Leaders create an engaging and high performing environment to manage, lead and coach a team of dedicated Travel Consultants who provide leisure travel services to our Premium Card Members. Passionate about customer commitment, they use their strong leadership skills to motivate and inspire the team to deliver extraordinary service by surpassing the expectations of American Express Card Members and reaching our business goals with outstanding results.
Don’t create followers. Create future leaders.
If there’s a way to give our customers what they want, you’ll find it. And that means knowing how to:
- Inspire your team to achieve their goals through at an individual and team level
- Evaluate your teams performance, and provide consistent coaching and feedback to drive continuous improvement
- Recognize key performance indicators and create individual development and action plans that are owned and driven by the employees
- Conduct team meetings, to lead your team through change or to ensure they are informed of any issues which may affect the way they service our Card Members
- Ensure first-class service delivery is the main priority
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- A minimum of 3 years recent direct leadership experience, coaching and developing a team
- Experience in a service oriented environment
- Demonstrated passion for service with the ability to resolve customer issues and concerns, inspiring loyalty to the brand
- Maintain resilience, composure and remain positive under pressure and changing circumstances at all times
- Strong consultative coaching skills with ability to confidently motivate and inspire a team
- Ability to drive and measure business results
- Strong analytical skills, with a proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good time management and can effectively prioritize team workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Travel or hospitality industry experience, with knowledge of a GDS reservation / booking system a plus
- Call center experience a plus
This position is supporting a team in the Eastern region. Hours of operation are from 5:00am – 2:30am ET. Although this position is open virtually, there is a strong preference for the candidate to be located in the Eastern Time Zone.
A technical requirement of this role is to meet our serviceability requirements. Serviceability checks will be conducted around time of offer. The internet service provider must be through a service provider that is approved by American Express, and must meet the required speeds. This service will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services. Applicant’s homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express technological processes.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time