- Facilitates the performance optimization of one or more Lines of Business or a business unit by enhancing the alignment between business products, processes and information technology.
- Responsible for maintaining the knowledge base of domain business capabilities in terms of business information and processes within assigned portfolio.
- Supports 1-3 vertical or horizontal architecture teams to facilitate technical solutions for business requirements supporting the organization’s architecture vision.
- Contributes to end-to-end business process mapping for business products and capabilities supported by the vertical architecture team(s).
Contributes to the creation and maintenance of business and technology blueprints, as well as one or more Company Platforms.
• Understands and maintains the architectural vision by working within the architecture vertical team(s) to understand and document the business principles, business goals, strategic business drivers and business capabilities of the assigned portfolio.
• Maintains an existing business architecture framework by :
- Working within the architectural vertical team(s) to describe the current baseline business architectures
- Working with Product Owners to understand the strategy and vision for the product, potential impacts and opportunities in the environment
- Working within the architectural vertical team(s) to develop a target business architecture, describing the product and/or service strategy, and the organizational, functional, process, capability, information, and geographic aspects of the business environment, based on the business principles, business goals, and strategic drivers
- Documenting the baseline and target business architecture using industry standard modeling techniques and tools at the right level of detail and decomposition/abstraction
- Analyzing the gaps between the baseline and target business architecture
- Producing work objects and deliverables that contribute to the POA roadmap and migration plan to work towards the target business architecture
- Maintaining industry standard business models and other business architecture outputs throughout their creation and subsequent refresh cycles
- Working within the architectural vertical team(s) to produce a Technology platform strategy that aligns with the business strategy, using the business architecture outputs to bridge between business and technology functions
• Tracks the solution development path ensuring contributions to the target architecture by:
- Maintaining business process maps and functions for the supporting technology objects, (applications, platforms, components)
- Maintaining active involvement with the projects within the scope of the portfolio and being a reviewer of project envisioning/analysis documents, ensuring that the development plans align with the portfolio and enterprise level architecture strategy
• Responsible for understanding how the engineered environment will meet specifications in terms of business requirements, application design and infrastructure requirements
• Works with Senior Business Architects, Directors of Business Architecture and Staff Architects to ensure application development aligns to business and Technology strategy
• Performs business process modeling for the platform/applications in the portfolio
• Responsible for understanding and interpreting the business strategy within the assigned portfolio
• May participate in cross-functional teams performing architecture initiatives from inception to conclusion
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.