American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr. Mgr -Risk Management - Product Manager
American Express is changing the world at work with innovative solutions that help businesses drive growth. The Risk Center of Excellence organization sits within Global Risk Banking and Compliance (GRBC) is responsible for managing Risk through continuous monitoring, reviews and tests across all Business Units, Product lines and geographies in American Express. As an Innovation organization, the team’s charter is to bring innovative products to life in the areas of Risk Management and Data Science.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to be a part of this important evolution of the next-generation Risk Management and analytics products. These products aim to automate risk monitoring (across all risk types) and testing for Amex across processes, products, business units and risk types leveraging recent advances in data science and technology
As Senior Manager (Product Owner) you will apply your expertise and data to understand business needs to help develop and build KPIs, KRIs and KCIs to monitor risk across functions and processes in Amex. You will define the user experience, direct one or more scrum teams and other delivery stakeholders to develop solutions. You will prioritize your backlog, gather and define user requirements, and interface with business partners in order to help Amex achieve aggressive business goals while providing innovative, best-in-class solution enhancements for our business stakeholders. You have an understanding of agile development processes and lean startup methods. You are someone with a good mix of product and tech skill, a deep appreciation for user-centered design and development, and a fascination for technology innovation. You have an aptitude for risk management techniques and affinity for data and analytics. You are not afraid of pushing boundaries to achieve the best outcomes for Amex.
- Develop and drive product roadmap and define timelines for future features and capabilities
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into product roadmap and requirements
- Build, prioritize, and sequence the feature backlog according to defined metrics including business value, return on investment, and job size
- Actively collaborate with risk managers, product managers, platform and partner scrum teams and technical engineers in delivery execution
- Identify use cases, define business processes, and craft end-to-end user flows.
- Breakdown complex business requirements into actionable product features and technology user stories
- Develop and implement Test and Learn plan to support ongoing iteration of customer experience and product feature set
- Conduct competitive assessments and develop product recommendations based on analysis
- Liaise with functions across geographies and Business Units to translate business strategies and goals into product development plans
- Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to determine product performance
- Experience working with software developers and engineers, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality. Digital product development experience preferred.
- Experience in risk management disciplines
- Respect for user experience, design, and technical systems and architecture. You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
- Working knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies, and the importance of iteration and continuous validation
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize tasks and drive results across various initiatives
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple work-streams
- Ability to analyze issues and business use cases, document analysis, and execute plans to action
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with comfort with data-driven decision making
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly in an environment with evolving business demands
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting cross-functional relationships across diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident with the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation. Articulate point of view with a rationale and be able to defend it
- Advanced degree in business, statistics, engineering or a quantitative field is required
- MBA is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time