American Express Careers
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
This solutions architect role will initially focus on developing a world class modern storage solution for the enterprise, to support the digital first strategy, improve our cost efficiency and ensure better self-service for all our consumers as part of our technology roadmap. With over 30B servicing communications stored, continuing to invest in innovation, modernization and leading-edge technologies is critically important.
This includes modern web frameworks such as ReactJS/Node, NoSQL databases with Couchbase, messaging with Kafka and Camel technologies, Elastic Cloud Storage, APIs, continuous integration/continuous delivery tool chains that utilize the latest automation offerings, and the full software development lifecycle.
In addition this role will also be pivotal in defining the architecture needs for a next generation knowledge management system.
- Ensures Technology Platform solutions are aligned with the corresponding Platform Blueprint and Company Platform roadmaps; may be called on to be the Technology Platform Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
- Ensures the engineered environment meets the specification in terms of business requirements, application design and infrastructure requirements, i.e. accountable for the platform integration performance and efficiency
- Performs hands-on solution architecture design work and actively participates in design and code reviews to ensure both delivery of desired business outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards
- Provides input and functional direction to the Technology Platform’s API strategy and implementation roadmap
- Provides architectural governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy by driving Technology Platform to Platform Architecture Review (PAR) approval level
Salary - Competitive
Posting Date - 6th July 2018
Closing Date - 4th August 2018
Company Name - American Express
Location of Job - Sussex House, Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience of working in financial institutions and ideally American Express technology domain is highly desirable.
- Experience with Machine Learning and applying in a financial services environment is critical.
- Background in working across multiple technology areas including Java, .NET, BPM such as PEGA, in providing architectural guidance and leadership is essential.
- Experience in providing architecture alignment in a financial servicing environment.
- Prior hands-on experience with Java8 and Spring/Sprint Boot, JS/Node, Messaging frameworks such as Solace/Kafka/Camel, NOSQL such as Couchbase, PaaS, Storage such as AmazonS3, Testing Frameworks.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of solution architecture, complex application systems design and platform integration via modern approaches (i.e. REST APIs)
- Ability to perform system design reviews to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and alignment to strategic platform roadmaps
- Channel-specific solution architecture skills as required by the assigned platform, such as web, mobile, voice or interactive media
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture design principles, execution patterns and performance optimization techniques
- Able to participate in the prevention, diagnosis, and resolution of system outages as an expert in the underlying architecture
- Expert level understanding of relevant SDLC methodologies, practices and compliance policies/procedures
- Deep business capability domain knowledge relative to the financial services domain
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time