American Express Careers
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Manager in the Finance Organisation will be responsible for:
- Providing sound financial guidance aligned to the overall company objectives in a time sensitive and consistent manner
- Analysing complex financial and business information from multiple data sources, deriving actionable business insights and recommendations and communicating these in a clear and concise manner to internal and external partners
- Providing decision support on key initiatives such as market expansions, partnerships, acquisitions, development of new products and other types of business development initiatives
- Working across the broader Finance Organisation to ensure implementation of the Finance Transformation initiative (reporting, planning, forecasting, etc.) to strengthen processes and tools and bring efficiencies to the organisation
Closing Date: 2nd August 2018
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- MBA and an undergraduate degree is essential.
- Very strong financial analysis and modelling skills are essential, with proven ability to drive analytical output aimed at identifying trends, developing key insights and required decisions for senior management
- Deep knowledge of financial planning, results and analysis techniques
- Proven experience in the payments industry and card issuing economics
- Proven track-record as people leader (hiring, motivating and developing talent)
- Proven ability to derive and communicate strategic insights and recommendations (choices where to compete, what business model to employ, how to achieve competitive differentiation, how to allocate investment resources to achieve strategic ambitions, etc.)
- Ability to work on projects independently, under pressure and delivering strong results
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-tasking, and multi-stakeholder environment, with proven ability to deal with ambiguity and tackle complex problems with limited direction from leader
- Strong collaboration and relationship building ability is essential including the ability to influence others without having direct authority
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with a strong sense of personal excellence and accountability
- Being flexible, enthusiastic, able to perform under pressure, and meet deadlines in a demanding environment is critical
- Outstanding presentation skills and the confidence to present to senior leaders in the company
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time