American Express Careers
.NET Engineer - Infrastructure Ops
If you are interested in investing your time and energy into creating innovations that make a difference for a global IT services organization, then join the Enterprise Monitoring, Tooling and Engineering team at American Express. Be a part of the team responsible for introducing and supporting technology that improves the availability, performance and efficiency of American Express’ IT operations.
EMTE seeks a .NET Engineer with the ideas, knowledge, and strengths to help us deliver a world-class monitoring platform. Using Agile methods and Scrum/Kanban processes, this individual will be responsible for EMTE’s efforts to raise the bar for operational excellence, performance, availability and automation.
Success for this individual’s performance and outcomes will be measured, in part, on the engineer’s ability to:
- Design, produce, support and continuously improve EMTE’s monitoring tools
- Increase the operational stability and efficiency of EMTE’s monitoring platforms
- Create greater visibility of AET performance and availability
- Collaborate with team members, technology partners and other stakeholders to create innovative solutions that achieve personal goals and those set by organizational leaders and the team.
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support basic design activities
- Perform core technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds from software source code
- Participate in or lead integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform assigned unit and assembly testing of software components
- Participate in code reviews and execute assigned automated build test scripts
- Debug software components, identifying, fixing and verifying the remediation of code defects
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides support for production application availability
- Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
- Work on assigned product features for ongoing sprints and manage a subset of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Asynchronous Programming
- Domain Model
- Domain Services
- Advanced Debugging
- Performance Testing
- Performance Tuning
- Visual Studio
- .NET Framework
- Team Foundation Server
- WCF Services
- Service Behaviors
- Nuget Packages
- Windows Services
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Distributed Systems
- Message Oriented Architecture
- Design Patterns
- Agile Delivery Model
- SCRUM methodologies
- You’ve made or experienced the result of a lot of mistakes over the years and you’ve learned from each of them, and you hate repeating them.
- You've designed and implemented various distributed systems. You’ve made tradeoffs between consistency, availability, durability, complexity, etc.., while taking into account the realities of the network your systems run on.
- You can write, speak, and think about complicated and highly technical problems with uncommon lucidity.
- You have confidence in your ability to tackle most problems by applying a rigorous, disciplined and pragmatic thought process.
- You are delivery focused and adept at finding the balance between technical elegance and solid working software.
- You are passionate about CI/CD practices and you aspire to roll high quality code into production every day.
- You can complete assignments without constant direction and oversight.
Education or Equivalent Experience
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related Quantitative field and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in design, architecture and implementation and debugging of applications and systems.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2018, 3:51:32 PM