American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Digital Workplace
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Help American Express to stay competitive by engineer solutions that will deliver delightful experiences and enhance productivity in our digital workspace to attract and retain top talent
- Be part of a team that is accountable for technical delivery of high impact programs
Are you up for the challenge?
- MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- At least 1 year of experience in Jive
- At least 3 years of experience in SharePoint Developer / Designer / Admin
- Experience in o365, preferably experience in migrating SP related services to o365
- Hands on application development experience in cloud based environment such as MS Azure
- Exposure and familiarity with microservices
- Exposure and familiarity with enterprise search products such as Lucid Works, Elastic Search, Lucene & Solr
- Exposure and familiarity with Natural Language Processing (such as Apache OpenNLP), Machine Learning / AI (such as Spark AI)
- Well versed in SaaS / PaaS architecture, experience in developing / supporting SaaS PaaS solutions such as Jive
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices / SAFe
- Design Thinking
- Release and Configuration Management (Hands on experience with versoin controlling tools such as Bitbucket, Github and TFS)
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time