American Express Careers
Engineer - JAVA
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
- Typically spends 75% of time writing, testing and implementing code to deliver on business requirements.
- Supports requests from the Product Owner for enhancements to the Foreign Exchange (FX) application, data, and reports.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and simplify the current code base and reduce the technology cost.
- Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving user story analysis and elaboration, design and development of Software applications, and testing.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- 2-5 years of software development experience.
- Experience with MS SQL, CSS, HTML, ReactJS, and Spring Framework a plus.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies. Takes pride in how fast they develop high-quality, working Software.
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, Technical, and Business Product Managers on solution design.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methods.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time