American Express Careers
Sr. Staff Architect ( Mobile Strategy)
This is a Band 40 role.
The American Express Digital Architecture team is responsible for platform strategy, architecture and engineering for a core set of business-critical platforms at American Express.
The successful candidate will be focused on driving the architectural and strategic directions for the integrated Web, Mobile and Voice platform and focusing more specifically on mobile technology.
This role is also responsible for the direct management of Senior Engineers/Architects, investigate new technology, build proof of concepts as well as strategic planning.
The Staff Architect reports to the American Express Digital Principal Architect.
Location: New York, US
- Analyze use cases, procedures, and problems to develop technical architecture for new and existing mobile platforms, and providing architectural guidance and oversight
- Drive key architecture decisions to solve critical, complex problems for American Express Digital
- Manage team of senior engineers/architects to drive American Express Digital mobile platforms' technical direction and strategic objectives
- Manage and/or lead a team of architecture team members, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Lead architecture for large cross-functional teams across multiple geographies
- Align efforts with central architecture function to influence technical standards and progress enterprise objectives
- Network with peers on technical matters, design prototypes, system designs and enterprise-wide research projects
- Combine in-depth specialty area(s) with broad knowledge of other disciplines to deliver coherent end-to-end architectural guidance
- Focus on driving architecture towards long-term Business Unit/Enterprise goals and objectives
- Solve novel problems that impact products and/or technologies
- Design new techniques, methodologies, and concepts for tackling broad cross-cutting initiatives
- Plan & direct research and complex investigations across complex delivery efforts
- Manage development of working prototypes to validate proposed solutions and minimize risk associated with delivery effort
- Perform reviews and provide oversight across various delivery teams to ensure alignment with architectural and technical strategy
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the development of mobile technology strategies
- Broad culture of UX and interaction design
- Broad culture of the mobile app ecosystem: release models, analytics and user tracking
- Proven ability to transform business use cases into high quality technology solutions
- Experience with the iOS native ecosystem (primary)
- Experience with the Android native ecosystem (secondary)
- Experience with on-device stores like Realm and Core Data
- Experience with Hybrid apps using React Native or ReactXP
- Experience with iOS App Extensions and App Groups
- Experience with Geolocation applications
- Experience and deep and deferred linking
- Broad culture of UX techniques including non-visual ones like SMS, voice, chat
- Ability to conceptualize and design enterprise-grade mobile APIs using asynchronous and reactive paradigms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or contributions to open source code bases and/or portfolio of mobile apps
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time