American Express Careers
Data Scientist – Sr Data Engineer
This position is within the Global Servicing Group Technology (GSGT) Credit & Fraud Big Data & Machine Learning practice. The person will be a subject matter expert in Machine Learning in Big Data environment and work closely with other stakeholders for continuous delivery.
At GSGT Credit & Fraud Big Data team, we are working on some key challenging Machine Learning problems including text analytics, optimizing collection channels and adding significant value to the Credit & Fraud capabilities of the organization.
• Regularly engage with business teams to understand their needs and imperatives and operationalize a framework for deploying Machine Learning models
• Prototype and simulate use cases for Machine learning basis the GSG operating environment and ability to operationalize into workable algorithms & solutions.
• Rigorous testing of algorithms as per business norms and delivering significant working leverage over status quo and generate value for the business.
• Deploy models in production environment and regular maintenance of production variables like Lift, Support, Confidence and continuous bootstrapping of sample cases for revalidation of results.
• Capability of writing, debugging and compiling codes in multiple Machine Learning environment and not limited to Python/PySpark, Apache Spark, R Spark etc.
Position requires a Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Data Science, Operations Research, or a related field, and at least 2 years of experience in the following areas:
1. Expertize in Python environment and associated libraries (scikit, nltk, pandas and numpy). Working knowledge of R & Spark is a plus.
2. Proven experience of solving complex business problems using Machine Learning techniques like Regression, Classification, Supervised or Unsupervised Recommenders, Deep iterative learning, Neural Nets etc.
3. Deep knowledge of Statistics and Mathematics and ability to dissect problems from the first principle. Exposure to fields like Linear Algebra, Bayesian Statistics, and Group theory is desirable
4. Experience must include a minimum of one year of experience with translating data-based findings into non-technical recommendations on strategic business decisions and presenting recommendations to leadership
6. Ability to work in cross functional teams
8. Excellent data presentation and visualization skills
9. Hands on knowledge of SQL/ Hive QL is desirable
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2018, 8:27:50 AM