American Express Careers
Machine Learning Engineer
Data Insights Engineering team at American Express is a core foundational platform that helps drive decisions that impact our customer experience at American Express.
The platform is leveraged by various teams in the company to drive decisions, and customer experience.
· Deep technical skills in data engineering, statistics, machine learning, or deep learning and a passion for making these methods more rigorous, robust and scalable
· Strong programming skills in Python or Java preferred
· Practical experience working with and conducting experiments on large datasets then turning prototypes into production models in one or more domains
· Experience applying analytical techniques to provide solutions to real business and engineering problems
· Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a technical audience
· As part of the Data Science team, drive requirements for structured data formats from a wide variety of data sources
· Build data science products across a wide range of digital data streams (Anomaly Detection, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval)
· Work with engineering teams to deployed robust, highly available decisioning and alerting pipelines based on your models.
· Regularly attend key initiative standups, proactively advising on opportunities to apply and the best approach to apply underlying empirically-developed algorithms.
PhD / Masters in Machine learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field. Related work experience will be considered.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time