American Express Careers
Manager - Compliance Reporting
American Express’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), within Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC), provides end-to-end support and oversight of global financial crimes investigations. In conjunction with GFCC partners, the FIU develops and implements automated transaction monitoring rules, reports, and other processes designed to identify activity potentially indicative of criminal behavior. The FIU also investigates potentially suspicious financial activity and, when appropriate, files suspicious activity reports (SARs) with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), which is part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and/or refers matters to internal compliance partners for review and reporting globally. In addition, the FIU manages risk associated with politically exposed persons and persons and entities on core sanctions and risk lists through regular screening, and also manages risk associated with improper payments that could be indicative of bribery, corruption, or other illicit activity by reviewing internal American Express payments and expenditures. The FIU performs a critical role in ensuring that American Express complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and provides law enforcement with key information for the investigation and prosecution of money laundering and terrorist financing, credit card fraud, identity theft, and other criminal activity.
The Program Oversight team within the FIU oversees the day-to-day inner workings of the FIU and ensures alignment across all FIU teams to proactively identify and remediate issues that impact suspicious activity monitoring, investigations, and reporting. This includes development and oversight of formal and internal management reporting, metrics, key risk indicators; and oversight of the development and execution of alert inventory management strategies; oversight of project management for the FIU’s core functions, as well as oversight and coordination of FIU-related technology projects; oversight of process and control development to assess impacts and ensure sustainability; and oversight and coordination of Operational Risk Events and Corrective Action Plans.
The successful candidate will manage the FIU Reporting team, which is responsible for developing, monitoring, and maintaining reporting for the FIU’s Sanctions, Anti-Corruption and Anti-Money Laundering processes.
- Utilize multiple technologies to develop reporting, including advanced MS Excel programming, MS Access Database reporting, SQL Server, Microsoft SSRS, SharePoint and Tableau
- Work in a fast paced environment which will require shifting priorities and toolsets throughout the day
- Partner with American Express Technologies to find solutions and drive conversations around resource availability, scheduling and prioritize requested work
- Manage a team of developers and provide guidance on development efforts
- Monitor automated reporting to ensure on time delivery
- Compliance reviews of business units. Maintains documentation, provides requested information to regulatory agencies, and keeps management informed of problems. May supervise Compliance Specialists.
- Three years of experience in people leadership, including hiring, termination, and performance reviews
- At least five years of experience in the following technologies: MS Excel programming, MS Access Database reporting, SQL Server, Microsoft SSRS, SharePoint and Tableau
- Experience working as a technical architect designing systems and finding solutions to problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities, and prioritize work in a challenging and deadline-intensive environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Preferred, but not required certifications in: MCSA/MCSE certification in BI Development, Database Development, SharePoint, or SQL Server, Tableau Qualified Associate, Tableau Certified Professional
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time