American Express Careers
Market Hr Manager - 9 Month Secondment
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
People power companies. Top talent powers ours.
Our UK HR Managers operate under the simple premise that people are our most valuable resource. They’re responsible for developing talent, driving engagement and fostering an open environment that respects and rewards diverse thinking. Inspiring success is more than a job, it’s a calling that builds the culture of American Express.
Not just a workplace, but a place people want to work.
As part of the team responsible 5,000 employees in the UK market, there are plenty of opportunities to make your mark on people and life at American Express. Focusing on our three key deliverables of Engagement, Talent and Development, here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Leading and managing the delivery of key HR projects and initiatives for the Market.
- Partner with line of business HR teams, HR business partners and Centres of Expertise such as Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations and Recruitment to share knowledge and collaborate on delivering best practice HR programmes across the market.
- Partnering with Business Leaders to ensure an effective employee experience across the employee lifecycle, providing thought leadership across the market.
- Supporting change initiatives and communication at the market level.
- Interpret and present HR data to offer strategic insight into talent performance solutions and measure the results of all implemented initiatives.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for a challenge?
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Demonstrable experience in HR Generalist, Specialist or Talent focused role with a broad knowledge of HR practices.
- Experience within a large corporate, fast paced environment.
- Ability to build effective relationships and provide consultancy and advice to senior business stakeholders to add value and enhance services.
- Excellent project management skills with the proven ability to lead and deliver large scale projects and initiatives.
- Customer orientation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively.
- CIPD qualification advantageous.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time