American Express Careers
UK co-brands Partnerships Director
We have an exciting opportunity to join the American Express Consumer Card team to make a positive difference to our customers, partners and to the business.
In the role of Director UK Partnerships you would be responsible for growing our Cobrand Card Product portfolio through building strong relationships with our partners, effectively managing stakeholders across the enterprise, optimising the product P&L thought product and marketing actions as well as leading and motivating a talented team. You would also responsible for scoping and negotiating new business development opportunities.
Our UK Cobrand Card portfolio includes iconic brands including British Airways, Harrods, Nectar, Starwood and Costco and are cornerstones of our UK Consumer Business. You would be responsible for being the internal and external representative for this key part of our business.
Specifically you would be accountable for:
· Product management: ownership of the product P&L and strategy development to build long-term sustainable business growth
· Building and leveraging relationships with Cobrand partners at different levels of the organization, with ultimate ownership of the relationship with UK Cobrand partners such
· Stakeholder management: ensuring collaboration with both internal and external business partners
· Effectively renegotiating cobrand agreements as they come up to ensure sustainable financial terms with a strong growth trajectory
· Deliver revenue and marginal contribution targets through product management, marketing and customer experience initiatives
· Defining and delivering the Cobrand Card customer acquisition strategy in partnership with the UK Consumer Acquisition team
· Ensuring the customer experience for Cobrand Cardmembers exceeds expectations and differentiates American Express from the competition
· Partnering with International teams to leverage best practice across countries
· New Business: Setting the strategic direction for new partnership business development, present proposals for new partners, ensuring an acceptable financial and commercial outcomes, and a win-win for Amex and partners
· Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that new partnerships meet the broader strategic needs of the business and all compliance, operational risk and process requirements are met
· Managing and developing the UK Partnerships Team
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
· Highly experienced in influencing through relationships both internally and externally:
- Ability to build and develop deep relationships with external partners to drive business volume, revenues and profitability
- Ability to manage internal relationships across diverse business units including Risk, Finance, Merchant Acquiring, Servicing, and other teams to achieve the best enterprise outcome
- Track record in negotiations and closing skills in the financial services market
• Strong commercial and financial acumen:
- Demonstrated understanding of card issuing economics and finance concepts; innovative problem solving expertise to deliver profitable and competitive advantage for our products
- Understanding of American Express products and their economics, services and capabilities and ability to leverage them to drive profitability and competitive advantage.
• Proven people leader: ability to motivate, engage and develop a team as a leader of leaders
• Product management experience: ability to connect marketing actions to drive results in engagement and acquisition and a proven track record for developing and executing effective strategy for growing the engagement of a customer base, and prioritise activities to maximise the customer and shareholder returns
• Ability to communicate effectively the overall UK Partnerships vision and strategy in order to gain buy in across all levels, including at highest Executive levels
• Highly motivated and willing to learn new things
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2018, 11:18:57 AM