American Express Careers
Engineering Director-Relationship Care/Value Generation
- Lead teams in iterative product development using lean principles.
- Build and lead a high-performance team of software engineers.
- Bring a strong technical foundation; able to engage the team on architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design.
- Foster innovation and experimentation, delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations, often helping shape business requirements in a manner that optimally leverages technology teams.
- Deliver/develop software and tools that provides superior user experiences, linking customer needs and business drivers together through innovative product engineering and automation.
- Collaborate successfully with product, designers, and a broad set of internal technical partners (across multiple internal groups).
- Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Partner with peers to identify opportunities for code sharing, common services, joint application development, etc.
- Keep up with the latest industry research and emerging technologies to ensure we are appropriately leveraging new techniques and capabilities.
- Demonstrate accountability while leading people with passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity.
- Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
- Consistently question assumptions, challenge the status quo, and push for improvement.
- Never settle for being “good enough”.
- Good track record of partnering/teaming with product leadership.
- Test and learn/experimentation experience.
- Understanding of emerging trends and customer experience.
- Should be willing to challenge status quo and be a change agent.
- Ability to prioritize engineering work and balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- 5-10 years of technical experience.
- Proven and established track record in building high performing teams by attracting, identifying and retaining top talent.
- Empower teams to succeed at scale Leadership
- Promote, empower, and practice servant leadership.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Recruit and cultivate top talent by driving technical and leadership development.
- Requires advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Needs to be a strategic thinker, who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy and utilize creative solutions for problem resolution and application development.
- Must have a thorough understanding of scalable, secure and robust n-tier architectures for achieving end-to-end performance, scalability, availability, reliability, usability, configurability, integration and security.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with ability to create and deliver effective presentations to upper management and technical architects across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in the technology space and the ability to influence and optimize input from key stakeholders in the standard setting process.
- Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and technologies.
- There is no Visa Sponsorship associated with this position.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time