American Express Careers
National Strategic Acquisition Manager
- Successfully secure American Express acceptance by penetrating a sales pipeline of key holdout and top 100 strategic prospect merchants across multiple industries.
- Achieve aggressive business Charge Volume growth targets through a focus on winning new business and ensuring accurate and timely pipeline reporting.
- Demonstrate consultative selling techniques and create materials to clearly articulate the American Express value to prospective merchants.
- Negotiate compelling commercial terms with prospective merchants, typically with C-Suite executives including CEO, CFO, Finance and General Management.
- Facilitate the set up of merchant facilities through direct interaction with payments consulting teams, as well as prospective merchant credit operations and accounts receivable teams.
- Collaborate with American Express Issuers to secure and deliver robust marketing and Card Member engagement strategies that drive spend within newly acquired merchants.
- Build and foster internal relationships with American Express Risk, Compliance, Pricing and General Counsel teams, as well as other internal American Express colleagues.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 10+ years’ experience in sales and business development.
- Strong knowledge of or the ability to learn the merchant and card payments business.
- Proven track record of senior selling experience in complex services solutions, with direct sales experience in a B2C or B2B environment.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen (understanding of cash flow, P&L) and have the ability to have a confident discussion in relation to interchange and merchant fees.
- Excellent negotiation, relationship building and communication skills, with proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies and pipeline management.
- Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to prospects to C Level Executives is a must.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time