American Express Careers
FBS Quality Engineer
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and delivering extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This is an opportunity to join the Fee Based Services team, a group of creative engineers working on 2 key products. The first being a back end application managing all Card member benefit eligibility, enrolment and usage. The second is a full stack team responsible for the development of Insurance web pages and API integration. The team operates in a fully agile model and has dedicated Product Owners also based in the UK and in the US.
- Delivers and drives automation and test strategies.
- Focus on optimization and virtualization including developing strategy for automation and testing processes, tools and methodologies at the portfolio or for large/complex products.
- Accountable for all testing activities aligned to the portfolio.
- Typically align to senior technology management and partners with leaders to drive continuous improvements in operational quality and performance.
- Works with development resources to drive improvements in overall quality, automation and testing processes and techniques.
- Responsible for architecting portfolio solutions for Automation and Testing, working to existing standards or driving new ones.
- Drive innovation and manage product development needs within a fast paced, agile environment
- Assist in the recruitment of IT professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization.
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps.
- Assist in recruitment for Quality Engineers.
- Drive and deploy the CD/CI capabilities for the portfolio.
- Quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Significant experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects.
- Solid experience in behaviour-driven development, test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration technologies.
- Good working knowledge of Agile practices.
- Experience in working testing automation tools.
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms an advantage.
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB are a plus.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time