American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr Mgr - Location Services & APIs
This position sits within the Enterprise Digital & Analytics organization, which is focused on enhancing the value of Amex acceptance to Merchants and Card Members at scale. The Global Merchant Data Products team is responsible for designing and implementing strategies to improve the quality of merchant data for digital marketing and business operations. The team partners closely with marketing and technology teams to enable data products by enriching the quality of data and to integrate it with highly strategic use cases across the enterprise, such as Consumer Statements & Disputes, Consumer Industry Bonusing, Amex Maps, Amex (Digital) Offers etc. As a part of the digital journey, the team continues to explore innovative solutions on big data, using traditional and digital data sources that are expected to generate incremental value.
The Merchant Data Products team is a high visibility team that owns one of the core Merchant Data Products named “Consumer Relevant Merchant Data” (CRMD), which comprises of big data based matching and arbitration algorithm(s), data distribution, governance rules, user-interface for data review / manipulation and APIs for real-time data integration to the use-cases.
We are looking for a Product Owner to lead Location Services products that leverages merchant data and Amex’s closed loop network to enable new location based experiences via Mobile and Web channels.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Define and execute product strategy to enable Location/Geo Services for merchant data using APIs.
- Deliver strategic priorities across the globe to evolve and transform Amex’s location based data products.
- Identify third party location/geo service providers and partner with them to enable new product features. Manage relationships with third party providers and establish a mechanism to manage their performance.
- Work closely with the API team to define the API roadmap, strategy and solution – and identify the most efficient API delivery mechanisms to allow people to query, access, and analyze our data.
- Be a data quality guru with an ability to analyze, slice and dice data with a keen eye for identifying opportunities for greater efficiency and improvement to location / geo data creation and maintenance processes and tools.
- Closely partner with Technology teams to maintain the product backlog, frame business requirements (user-stories), test and deliver data capability projects using Agile/SAFe methodology.
- Establish and maintain relationship and communication channels with internal customers of the product across various organizations within American Express. Keep the partners engaged with latest product development efforts and capture their needs/inputs to further enhance the product.
- Support leadership in developing recommendations for the long-term product strategy, incorporating both business and technical needs
- Masters in Computer Science, GIS, Engineering, Information Management or a related (quantitative) field, and 3+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years experience as a Product Owner of a Location/Places/Geo data product is required.
- Exposure to end-to-end product management (using Agile/SAFe methodology) to quickly convert ideas into objectives, set priorities and successfully deliver new products & solutions to market.
- Ability to understand product architecture, and connect the dots between business objective and technical solution to make informed business decisions.
- Experience with products provided by major location service providers (such as Google Maps, Here, Carto, MapBox etc) and integrating with them to enable new products/applications will be a big plus.
- Experience with APIs – in particular using RESTful interfaces and Python is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with diverse audience across Business and Technical teams is required.
- Demonstrable analytical aptitude and ability to analyze data to come up with meaningful insights and make informed business decisions.
- Knowledge of SQL / Hive / other data querying and manipulation techniques as well as scripting techniques will be a plus.
- Self-starter who is able to combine exceptional problem-resolution and critical thinking skills and be willing to adapt to new technologies / tools.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time