American Express Careers
Merchant Payments Product Manager - EMEA
This a really exciting time for the Merchant Product Team, our products have tremendous opportunity for growth, with Multi-currency at the core of GMS’ online growth strategy. Multi-currency is growing at more than 18%, with numerous initiatives underway to fuel further expansion. Our SmartBill Pro product supports recurring billing and although fairly new to the region, it has quickly gained traction with B2B and Insurance merchants this year.
We are looking for someone that has a passion to identify and drive new business opportunities for our products. This is a great opportunity for someone with commercial experience who can communicate in a compelling manner and develop relationships to deliver strong results.
The Merchants Payments Product Manager-EMEA is responsible for leading the product and growth strategy for the following products: Multi-Currency (MCCY), SmartBill Pro (Recurring Billing) and Raw Data.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with Acquisition and CLM groups to identify, develop and implement commercial opportunities to grow product adoption.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans, including business cases to drive product growth. Identify important trends to incorporate into business strategy (changing regulatory environments, payments industry, aggregator models, e-commerce, key industry segments, etc within the region).
- Deliver persuasive presentations to stakeholders (such as leadership, or internal/external customers).
- Develop and deliver regular product communications and training for client management and sales teams, payment consultants and servicing team as well as providing on-going subject matter expertise and client-facing sales support as needed.
- Responsibility for product management of MCCY, Recurring Billing and Raw Data in partnership with global product managers.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience in product management / business development in financial services industry.
- Excellent communications skills required to present compelling business cases to senior leaders.
- Strong experience in driving strategy utilizing analytics and sizing commercial growth opportunities.
- Product lifecycle management with marketing knowledge and experience.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships to drive results.
- Knowledge of merchant products would be very beneficial in addition to payment processing.
- Strong project and process management skills is a plus.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time