American Express Careers
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping American Express maximize the purchasing power of over $9B in third party spend, $3.4B of which is spent on marketing and promotions. The Sourcing Manager will work in partnership with our internal business unit partners to understand their marketing and promotion priorities and partnership needs to provide strategic consultation through sourcing, negotiation, and delivery to maximize the purchasing power of their marketing investments.
- Develop and maintain business trusted advisor relationships to implement category strategy (e.g., influence requirements, shape demand, advise business how to capture the most value from supplier relations); with a customer first mindset and strategy.
- Lead strategic sourcing process (RFI, RFP, RFQ) in alignment with the category strategy.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategy, negotiate with suppliers and work closely with contract managers on contract strategy and execution.
- Identify opportunities and strategic solutions across multiple business teams to enable the business while benefiting the enterprise.
- Develop commercial deal framework and key business terms sheet and partner with Contract Strategy & Execution team on end-to end negotiation plan and contract execution.
- Enable strategic supplier relationship management.
- For subset of “high value” and/or “high risk” transactions in larger markets:
- Develop negotiation strategies with business, contracting team and/or sourcing manager, including plan (e.g., wants, must-haves, trade-offs), timeline, roles and scripts
- Development of strategy on best practices around supplier and services based on both internal conditions and plans as well as industry trends. This includes but is not limited to price, scope, performance and right sourcing.
- Manage end to end plan from requirements through execution.
- Manage overall relationship with customer and suppliers during and after sourcing exercise; significant involvement around strategic and critical suppliers.
- Leverage industry and internal data collection to feed into strategy and benchmark analysis.
- Leverage industry research to determine solution and price competitiveness as well as supplier capability.
- Develop and own end-to-end negotiation plans; execute negotiation process, driving commercial and legal terms and conditions and value opportunities – in partnership with Contract Management team
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience negotiating with the following types of suppliers a plus: marketing agencies, print and promotional companies, media agencies, market research companies a plus
- Strong procurement/sourcing process knowledge
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams
- Strong relationship management skills able to become a true business partner and a trusted advisor
- Excellent people skills, including relationship management, communication, negotiation, influencing, planning, presentation and motivation
- Collaborative and team mindset.
- Ability to manage day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2018, 8:59:56 AM