Responsible for the planning, co-ordination and status reporting of projects from initiation through to implementation. Responsible for managing project costs, resources, change requests, risk and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit is maintained as well as provision of regular project status updates. Responsible for the delivery of small projects that deliver functional change to a single business product/service or provide support to medium to large projects that deliver significant functional change to multiple applications for single business products/services. May work with Resource Manager to allocate resources. Develops project plans and ensure that the scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders. Identifies and tracks key project milestones (base-lining critical path). Ensures all systems of record for project reporting are kept current, and direct and monitor work efforts on a regular basis. Ensures accurate reflection of Project Budgets, Forecasts and Actuals within the Enterprise Portfolio Management System.
- Bachelor in computer science is must or related degree.
- 3+ years of PM experience with engineering team.
- Experience with working in scrum teams, managing scrum ceremonies.
- Requires solid experience managing multiple, cross-functional projects.
- Requires excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers; Able to see hidden problems
- Is excellent at honest analysis; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas.
- Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions.
- Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Is open minded, and can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time