American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Digital Acquisition
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. International Digital Acquisition is a core business process within American Express Technologies, which is accountable for delivery of online card acquisition journeys supporting the International Consumer Card business. The capabilities within the International Digital Acquisition platform encompass responsively designed web applications, B2B service integrations, and agent-assisted mobile capabilities supporting customer applications for credit/charge card products. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Software Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- 5+ years of software development experience and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Experience in Objected Oriented Analysis and Design across a variety of platforms
- Experience in creating and integrating with SOAP and REST based Web Services.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SOAP UI)
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Experience with internationalization and localization
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Experience with Cloud Based application development & deployments
- Experience with Native / Hybrid app development.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and acquisition technologies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time