American Express Careers
Director, Corporate Travel Payments Strategy
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Global Commercial Services Amex's B2B division, is looking for a visionary leader to shape the future of our Corporate Travel Payments Strategy. Amex is a leader in the Travel and Entertainment space but needs to proactively defend this position from competition who has been targeting the space aggressively. The travel ecosystem has evolved significantly and our worldwide clients and partners rely heavily on our T&E tools and capabilities. Our partners are looking for us to help them operate their business daily –from paying their suppliers to getting the right data to reconcile their books. Our Corporate Clients, want to get the benefits from booking their travel centrally, having more control and getting the peace of mind of our insurance products.
As Director of Travel Strategy for GCS, you will lead a strong, passionate team defining the long-term strategy, creating the integration prioritization and envisioning the evolution of the travel ecosystem. Your work will transform our partner relations and integrations and will be used by multiple internal teams to define product and capabilities roadmaps, create intuitive material for the field team, and engage all audience segments across a highly diverse user base.
In this role, you will work with account management teams in the field, our Product Teams, to understand the opportunities and needs of all the different players in the travel chain (GDS, Booking tools, TMC, hotels, airlines and corporate clients).You will partner closely with business partners to understand business strategy and goals and define the product vision to get us there. Together with your product and travel expert partners, you will develop a “platform strategy” for the next-gen Central Travel experience – by defining components and building blocks that enable us to create relevant tools, capabilities and services for our travel partners and do this at scale.
You will need to be an excellent coach who can mentor, grow and bring together all the teams working today in the AXP travel payments space. You will need to be a thoughtful, efficient decision maker who can prioritize across a portfolio of roadmaps and backlogs. And your excellent verbal and written communication skills will be essential to explain and evangelize the Travel vision, get consensus from executive sponsors and get commitment to adopt from client, partners and teams.
- Define the vision and product and partnership strategy for the Corporate Travel payments, and evangelize this across the organization.
- Define the travel ecosystem today and the ecosystem of the future. Understand who are the key players we need to have integrations with.
- Develop a deep empathy for our travel partners, understand their needs, and come up with innovative, well thought-through solutions that fit in with their natural workflow and increase their engagement with our product, features and capabilities.
- Influence ambitious global roadmaps and help prioritize the work for multiple teams. Facilitate trade-off decisions balancing resource investment, time to market and partner/traveler benefit.
- Actively identify and resolve issues that may impair teams’ ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Draw on analytical and quantitative skills to define the right success metrics and critical metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Be comfortable in balancing across leadership, coaching and getting hands dirty in order to get things done.
- Passion for travel and product is a requirement, but, moreover, be deeply curious, motivated by always trying to take your product “craftsmanship” to the next level and profoundly persistent.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience in Travel with a proven understanding of the players, the regulation and the dynamics between the players.
- Ability to build relations with travel partners and structuring partner deals.
- Strategic thinker with consulting or strategy role background preferably in the travel space.
- Experience working on platform features, meeting the needs of multiple clients and driving adoption of platform functionality is a big plus.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, address trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with peers and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to adapt to your audience – presenting to leadership at different levels will be a regular occurrence.
- A high degree of self-awareness and excellent active listening skills
- Ability to lead Global Teams.
- A willingness to travel: this is a global role and will interact with partners located around the world.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time