American Express Canada (“Amex”) is a company with a long history and a bright future. With a presence in Canada since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada
As a member of the Enterprise Risk Management team the incumbent will support the execution of the Bank’s enterprise risk management (ERM) framework, including the Risk Appetite Framework and stress testing program.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the risk oversight activities with a focus on the completion of robust independent assessments of the Bank’s compliance with risk management policies, strategies, processes and controls.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the preparation of periodic ERM reporting including monitoring of the Bank’s risk profile against established risk limits
• Supporting the Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework quantification process including the aggregation and allocation of limits across lines of business and by risk type, preparation of reporting materials and presentations and maintenance of documentation.
• Supporting the Bank’s annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (“ICAAP”) submission through the execution of the Economic Capital forecasting.
• Supporting the execution of the Bank’s stress testing program including but not limited to participation in the design of event driven scenarios, design and execution of analytics to support the stress testing and preparation of reporting materials and maintenance of documentation.
• Providing support in the monitoring and oversight of the Bank’s first line of defense risk management and business activities to assure that current practices fall within established Bank policies, procedures and operating parameters.
• Regularly participate in meetings with business partners to stay well-informed of new regulations, guidelines, business processes and best practices for risk management and risk oversight activities.
• Perform other responsibilities and assist with special projects, as required.
• Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Risk Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics etc.). Advanced degree or completion/enrollment in FRM/CFA would be considered a strong asset
• Detailed analytical skills and the ability to generate risk-based reporting for monitoring oversight (including strong quantitative skills)
• Experience in financial modeling, including knowledge of Income Statement and Balance sheet modeling.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Credit Risk methodologies and Treasury Management including Basel parameter estimation.
• Strong proficiency in SAS
• Demonstrated willingness and enthusiasm to be a team-player and to embrace the challenge of working in a lean and fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
• Willing to learn new skills and expand knowledge base by demonstrating initiative through taking on new tasks with well-developed time-management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal – proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)• Prior risk management experience in the financial services industry a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2018, 1:52:03 PM