American Express Careers
American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Immigration Paralegal opportunities in the New York based Immigration Team.
General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Candidates for the position should have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in progressive/broad based US immigration practices.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Interact with and advise senior leadership on complex immigration matters and provide top notch immigration strategic analysis.
- Prepare US employment-based, NIV and IV visa filings to US Dept. of Labor, USCIS, DOS, and CBP.
- Gather and review immigration eligibility documents and strategically analyze individuals’ potential immigration options/benefits, including green card eligibility in the EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 preference category and H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, E-3, TN qualifications. Responding to NIV RFE’s
- Draft PERM ads, prevailing wage determinations, recruitment documents, and PERM applications, while tracking timelines of each step. Responding to PERM Audits.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, and independently on immigration benefits, government procedures, and case processing time lines.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking visa expiration dates and filing deadlines for assigned cases.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- 3+ years of progressive work experience preparing US nonimmigrant filings (including H-1Bs, L-1A/L-1Bs, E-3s, J-1s and TNs), as well as US immigrant filings, including PERM Labor Certifications, EB-2 and EB-3 I-140s, Multi-national Manager and Adjustment of Status Applications
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and communicate effectively with clients and governmental agencies, serving as a primary point of contact with the ability to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive matters
- Prefer 2 years of current hands-on L-1 experience within overall work experience
- Experience with LawLogix case management system and understanding of I-9 and B-1 visa compliance is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day.
The success of American Express since its inception has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time