American Express Careers
Sr. Specialist – Merchant Debit Balance
About American Express:
We are a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
Overview of the Business:
Global Credit Administration (GCA) manages the company's credit, collections, and fraud service operations around the world. Global Collections oversees the management of our first- and third-party collections agencies, as well as various specialty partners.
GCA aims to strike the right balance between helping customers in need through a range of workout programs, and taking actions to prevent spending that will not be paid back to American Express. In short, our primary focus is to protect and recover American Express' receivable assets, while delivering on our customer commitment.
- Mainly handling collections, obtaining supporting documentation from merchant
- Explaining to merchant on the reason for disputes and provide resolution
- Resolving the merchant enquiries end to end
- Handling a wide range of general and sometimes complex inquiries
- Building the merchant’s relationship with American Express on every call
- Understand, determine and anticipate merchant’s needs and present solutions as appropriate
- Ensure all actions and requests are attended to within the Service Level Agreements
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Actively uphold the Blue Box Values by not engaging in behaviors that do not support our corporate objectives to improve all areas of the service profit chain
- Adhere to schedules, Adhere to Global Merchant Services Risk Operations policies at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and probing skills, Self-sufficient and self-motivated work ethic, Strong organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team to achieve goals.
- Proven experience with negotiating/problem solving
- Ability to work within a busy and demanding team environment
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Commitment to the highest level of customer service
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure in a demanding environment
- Minimum G2/L2 for the last year
- Completion of one year in the current role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High Knowledge base for the process
- Passion to drive results- demonstrated by self scores
- Knowledge of American Express policies & procedures
- Excellent organizational skills & execution quotient
- No form of active counseling
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time